When it comes to modifying various drives such as resizing partitions or formatting disks on a computer, most computer users have mainly relied on Disk Management. Although there are many software programs available on the market that deal with management of user’s disk drives, they always come at a price, and many users today obviously prefer something for free! Fortunately, AOMEI Technology has recently released the free partition software, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.2, that contains all necessary features required for drive migration and management. AOMEI Partition Assistant is compatible with Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems – Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7/8.
AOMEI Partition Assistant has a relatively easy to use interface as its top left sided menu layout could be considered akin to other office products which many computer users are already familiar with. The Wizards and Disk Operations are presented on the left hand side pane in separate boxes and the right pane shows information (i.e. partition, file system, capacity) of the disk drives on the computer. Furthermore, there are tutorials available for the more novice or inexperienced users who prefer to have an introduction or guide to the program. Overall, all features are presented to the user in an accessible and readable format.
Free for private and commercial use
That is correct. It is free and full featured! What is excellent about this piece of software is that it is not released merely as a ‘lite’ free version, containing only limited functionality which ultimately lures the user to purchase the premium product. It is a free and mobile edition! Perfect! It can be used for personal or commercial use which is excellent for small businesses!
In a nutshell, AOMEI Partition Assistant is able to resize, copy, delete, wipe, split, create, convert, move and recover partitions ensuring that there is no data loss or corruption on hard drives, flash drives and other similar storage devices.
The full list of features that the AOMEI Partition Assistant can perform, are listed below:
* Resize and move partition to reorganize your hard drives.
* Migrate OS to SSD or HDD for system migration to solid state drive or hard disk drive.
* Extend NTFS system partition without restarting your computer.
* Merge two parititions or merge non-contiguous unallocated space to any partition
* Split one big partition into two or more
* Allocate free space from one partition to another to fully utilize disk space.
* Copy partition for Windows system and data migration.
* Copy disk to a new one without reinstalling Windows and applications.
* Partition Recovery Wizard helps you recover lost or deleted partitions with ease.
* Create more partitions as you wish even without unallocated space.
* Convert primary partition to logical partition and vice versa.
* Linux partition management: create, delete, format, wipe, copy, recover Ext2/Ext3 partition, etc.
* Make bootable CD for safer and better disk partition management.
* Support 2TB MBR disk, 4TB GPT disk, and USB flash drive.
* Fully support UEFI boot
* Align partition to optimize HDD or SSD performance
* Convert NTFS and FAT32 partition without loss of data
* Convert GPT and MBR disk withlout loss of data
* Support creating bootable disc based Windows PE 4 kernel
* More languages support, such as Portuguese, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese.
The Wizards available such as Extend Parititon Wizard, Disk Copy Wizard, and Migrate OS to SSD or HDD are exceptional tools. Special mention must be given to the Partition Recovery Wizard. In some cases, users may accidentally have wiped a partition or simply lost it through performing certain disk management operations. This can be quite a worrying or daunting thought for users who then have to go about trying to figure out if they can regain their missing partition. To use the Partition Recovery Wizard, all you have to do is select the drive you want to perform the partition recovery on and whether you prefer a Fast Search (recommended) or Full Search. Once the scan is complete, the discovered partitions are displayed and you can simply tick the partitions they want to recover. After the partitions are recovered you can explore them in My Computer.
Another feature we liked is that the software lists pending changes at the bottom of the tasks pane under the left side of the main window. This allows user to essentially queue many changes and apply them directly without having to do each operation one at a time which can be quite time consuming. Now you have more time playing your computer games or spending quality time outdoors with family or friends.
If you are having any issues or problems with the software, you can access the support section of AOMEI’s website for further guidance. They have User Manuals, Tutorials, FAQs and Customer Case Studies available to be freely accessed. In addition, you can contact them directly via email if you want to discuss the problem further.
We personally found AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.2 an exceptional piece of partition management and disk management software considering it is free and full featured. The majority of partition operations are a cinch to perform for any computer user whether they be novice or experienced. Definitely a recommended product! It is available for download from here.